Wednesday 25 February 2015

European Transit - France


Sticking to the Mediterranean coast tollway I was caught up with quite a lot of vehicle traffic queuing behind a convoy of trucks carrying very wide and high transportable building sections on trailers, the trucks were driving in the centre of the road as they passed through the numerous tunnels along the road causing traffic to bank up.
After eventually passing the trucks a roadside sign indicated I had entered France as I continued the day’s 340 kilometre, five (5) hour journey. About 20 kilometres out of Nimes, my destination for the night steady rain set in.

I found a hotel in Nimes city centre then walked the streets in light rain checking out the beautiful old buildings and architecture.



 

The following morning under clear sky I got back on my motorcycle again and after one (1) night in France I headed for the border and crossed into yet another country on my adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment